Customer Service Attitude


Its really difficult to get good customer service nowadays or anyone with the passion and initiative.

Take this example, I wrote in to a vendor, asking for quotations on a particular equipment with the interest of getting it for my department. And guess what he wrote back?
He requested for my full name (when its apparent on my company email address), my email address (I almost faint!), my number (with the details furnished on it, he can call my company to ask to speak to me) and my company name ( its almost laughable).

I meant, I wondered if this guy followed a template to ask questions without even thinking about it. I am appalled and disgusted with his attitude and I simply refused to reply to him.
First and foremost, I am a customer and if he wants my deal, he should take the initiative and use his brains before writing such a no-brainer email.
Secondly, why must I provide him with all the details when its all apparent from my email address? Am I suppose to spoon-feed him?

I cannot believe there are such people around, it puts a bad name and impression on the company. I seriously hope he is not the managing director himself.

If you think this is an isolated case, you will be surprised that I met another customer service officer with the exact same attitude. Count their lucky stars that I did not remember the bank and her name.
I wrote in to their enquiry form via their website, asking about a particular account which I cannot remember now. She wrote back, saying that she cannot reveal sensitive information via email but to have me to call her back.
Since she is a customer service officer with a bank, I was expecting her to have very good customer service skills. All it will take is a simple call from her to clarify it with me on the phone, since I have left my IC number and mobile number with her. Why should I call her back?

Recently, as the last weekend was the Black Friday weekend with many USA online stores giving huge discounts, I was tempted to purchase BenefitCosmetics. I received their newletter with promotional codes on free international delivery but unfortunately, I was not able to use it during my checkout on their website and wrote in to ask about it.

The first lady who replied me with an almost zero helpfulness, requesting me to provide more details when its all written down in the "contact us" form to her. I was anxious to meet the deadline and wrote in again and thankfully, I met with a very helpful and courteous staff who eased my concerns.
Although I did not manage to get the product in the end, but her attitude certainly brighten up my day.

" Thank you for writing to us at Benefit Cosmetics.


We're sorry for any miscommunication regarding our free shipping codes. The PRETTY50 code is only valid for standard shipping on U.S. orders. Please enter SHIPINTL at checkout to receive free shipping, as we have checked this code and it appears to be working. Remember, for this code your minimum order needs to be $85.


We hope this information helps. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping with Benefit Cosmetics.


Angelica G.
Benefit Cosmetics Customer Service"

Read more about what customer service is all about.

No comments