Matcha Latte at Chanoma Cafe, Sydney




While planning my itinerary for Sydney, I did some research on matcha cafes and stumbled upon Chanoma Cafe at George Street. However, prior to visiting the cafe, I already had an ice-cream at the popular Gelato Messina at Surry Hills and can't take another ice-cream anymore.

My heart was yearning for the soft-serve or matcha float but my body was saying NO. So I ordered the Matcha Latte AUD4.20 instead.



Chanoma Cafe prides itself on being the most authentic and quaint Japanese style cafe restaurant in the Sydney CBD area, with ceremonial grade ( the finest quality ) Japanese Matcha Green Tea. You can check out the menu here or direct from their website.

It is a small cafe, but with a wide ranging selection of all things matcha. The popularity is evident as seen from the crowd when we were there on a Monday afternoon.
However, I was surprised that my matcha latte comes in a disposable takeaway paper cup, instead of a mug, unlike Starbucks.

The matcha latte has a deep bitter matcha flavour, commonly associated with authentic matcha taste and its pretty nice to sit there, have a sip of the warm matcha, while chatting away with your friends. And for a tourist like me, I am just sitting there and resting my feet, with my partner, after doing all the touristy stuff.

A place which I would revisit, if I happen to be around the area. Aqua S, opposite Chanoma Cafe, is yet another temptation!

No comments