Yayoi Hokkaido Mille Crepe Cake with Matcha ice-cream




At $5, the Hokkaido Mille Crepe Cake with Matcha ice-cream on the poster outside Yayoi Japanese restaurant in Liang Court has been running through my mind for several weeks before I finally caved in.

Loving the vibe in Yayoi Restaurant where one feel comfortable away from the prying eyes due to the many partitions between each table, I had the dessert alone on a weekday afternoon. Still, it is too tiny to be satisfying. And the matcha powder seems to be missing from the mille crepe on my plate.

The matcha ice-cream is pretty intense and flavourful which is a perfect match with the vanilla mille crepe that is mild and yet delightfully tasty. Azuki beans is not something I really adore so I left it alone.


Want to know more about matcha snacks around the world? Then subscribe to MatchaMusings for Free – you can subscribe in 2 ways : 



No comments