The Demise Of My Grandfather

This morning, my mum called me to inform me that my grandfather has passed away in his sleep at 630am. It was such a shocking piece of news. Since my last post , my grandfather have been getting really frail and weak. It was heartwrenching to see him being reduced to just bones and skin.
I visited him on last Sunday and to think that, that was my last time seeing him alive. He was just lying in his bed the whole day. Not eating well and not feeling well.
Before his death, he fell down and lost alot of blood on his head. But the doctor told us, he died due to cancer. I wondered if doctors do analyze the cause of death before coming to any conclusion. How can a doctor publish a verdict by just checking on him in his room for a short while?
His lung cancer have been in remission for the past few years and he's not even a smoker.

The make-up that he had, made him into a different person, almost like he's not our grandfather anymore. The thick gunk and the white face. The hollow cheeks and the sharp nose.
Just looking at his face in the coffin had me sobbing like crazy.
It seems such an ironical weekend, with celebrations on Xmas day with my parents in the afternoon and friends in the evening and then mourning for my grandfather the next day.
Its going to be a sad Xmas from next year onwards as we get reminded of his death anniversary.
Looking at the brighter side of things, at least, its a break from his misery.
I wish that He has brought him to a happier and comfortable place. I wish him well and hope that he will be happy wherever he is.
Thank you for being my grandfather. I love you.
Its something that the reserved Asians never say to our loved ones.

Looking at him during the wake, its such a far cry from the healthier him during CNY this year. Playing poker cards with us, losing money and lamenting about it. Within a year, he had fallen sick, in and out of hospitals and now he's no longer with us.
We will forever keep you in our hearts, grandpa.

No comments